At some point or another, you may need to call up technical support to fix something. Maybe one morning you get the blue screen of death, or you get one of those frightening blunder messages on your screen. Or then again perhaps you attempt to turn your PC on and…nothing. Maybe it’s not your PC by any means, yet your site is totally down and you need to decide to your website specialist or web facilitating organization.
I’ve been on the two sides of that panicky call and there are 7 things you can do so as to help make that technical support call only somewhat less distressing:
1. Try not to freeze This is simpler said that done when you’re PC’s on the squint and you’re gazing intently at the barrel of a cutoff time. Be that as it may, things will be less unpleasant in the event that you don’t go crazy. Odds are the issue isn’t so awful (or costly) as you think.
2. Check the undeniable before you call-One of the main things that your tech individual will have you do is to check for evident reasons for inconvenience. Like is your PC connected? Or on the other hand is the flood defender your PC’s associated is turned on? Are the entirety of the links leaving your PC connected tight? Or then again are entering your secret word in effectively? Or on the other hand do you have the “Tops lock” key on while you’re entering your secret key? They have you gone through this drill on the grounds that multiple occasions the straightforward stuff is the issue. So go through a portion of the conspicuous reasons for inconvenience before you get the telephone.
3. Get readied If you have any guarantees or administration contracts get together those materials before you call. It will spare you a touch of time just on the off chance that your tech individual demands this data. You may likewise require the sequential number for your PC. These are normally situated on a sticker set on the back, base, or side of your PC or they are situated in your PC enrollment desk work.
4. Be as explicit as conceivable Simply saying “My PC’s not working” isn’t unreasonably useful. Technical support as of now expect that your PC isn’t working since you wouldn’t call just to say howdy. What they have to know is “how is your PC not working?”. You should be as explicit as would be prudent. Will your PC not begin by any means? Is the issue that you can turn the PC on however it won’t go past the startup screen? Maybe you can move beyond the startup screen yet you can’t open up a specific program? Depict your concern from beginning to end; what you were doing when you experienced your concern, what your PC does, and if there are any uncommon circumstances that appear to harmonize with the issue.
5. Record blunder messages-Usually when something turns out badly, you’ll get some sort of mistake message that endeavors to mention to you what the issue is. On the off chance that you can’t figure out the message, set aside the effort to record it. It might mean something to the tech individual you’re conversing with and it may assist them with diagnosing the issue slightly quicker.
6. Make note of any ongoing changes or episodes Sometimes the reason for your PC inconvenience is something that is changed on your PC or some occurrence that has happened as of late, for example,
the expansion of new equipment (printer, scanner, hard drive, memory, and so on)
the expansion or cancellation of programming
a force disturbance or force flood
the expansion of erasure of a help
programming updates or security patches
Once in a while changes like this can cause some unexpected issues with different things that could conceivably appear to be identified with your concern. At the point when you’re conversing with your tech individual, make them mindful of any progressions or increments you made before you began having issues. They’ll have the option to let you know whether these progressions are identified with your difficulty.
7. Keep takes note of A great deal of times a call to the help office implies that you’ll be investing a ton of energy in the telephone being sent starting with one individual then onto the next. Keep notes on who you converse with, when you conversed with them, and what they’ve done to help analyze the issue. In the event that you find that you need to continue calling the help division or on the off chance that you have to a fix individual fix your PC face to face, these notes will prove to be useful.